Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Holy Blogging Absence Batman

My dear, dear friends, it has been oodles of months since I last blogged. Clearly. I apologize for my absence. Then again, did anyone actually miss me? Don't answer that.

Recently, I came to the realization that I need to recommence blogging. I need this cathartic outlet for pent up military life related frustration and well just ramble. You get that right?

My life has been so busy since I last wrote here. Of course, who's isn't? If you are ultimately bored and have no life, raise your hand. See, I didn't think so. You are likely reading this because you are looking to relate to something military/Coast Guard wife life related. I assure you, I am far more than that. In fact, I happen to think I am one of the funniest people on the planet. Sadly, I believe I am the only person who thinks so. Hence, my not appearing on Comedy Central anytime soon.

So, what have I been up to since last August? Well, we PCSd last summer 3,000+ miles from familiar territory. In my new location I have been fortunate enough to meet so many wonderful new folks, including one of my blog followers. :) (hey Chi!).

I am avidly volunteering, but also making time for fun when I can. I am the Sunshine Committee Chair and Newsletter Editor for my local spouse association. Woot! That keeps me busy, but so do a lot of other things, such as my three minions. With the man in blue frequently deployed, there is definitely not a dull moment around here. I am usually cooking someone, cleaning up after someone, chasing the dog back into the yard, skyping with family and friends, and otherwise saving the world.

I am going to make a concerted effort to blog every day, even if just to say, hey guys here is what I had for breakfast. I know you cannot wait.

Today, the coast is beautiful and the sky is blue (for the moment) so I am going to try and make the most of it.

Hit me up with a comment and let me know who you are and what you want to hear about. I'm all 'virtual' ears, kind of like Will Smith---ok that was wrong.

2 comments:

devin and chianne said...

Yay!! I'm so excited to follow your adventures again! So weird I'm not watching you from afar but living a block away... :)
I just still think it's the funniest thing that you contributed to our decision to join the CG before we even knew you!
-Chi

Just a Girl in a Port said...

:) I am glad that months after our blogs crossed so too did our personal paths. I think you are fab!